Our team of specialists and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you. Or, for a more comprehensive search of our entire Web site, enter your term(s) in the search bar provided.
As always, you can contact our office to answer any questions or concerns.
Why Our Laser Is The Safest, Most Effective Laser On The Market
There are 3 particular advantages that set our laser treatments apart from those offered elsewhere in Chicago. Watch the short videos below to learn more about what makes the laser at Vittori Foot & Ankle Specialist so extraordinary.
What Is It We Are Trying To Accomplish With the Laser?
1st Advantage To Our Podiatry Laser: The Perfect Wavelength
2nd Advantage To Our Podiatry Laser: The Cleanest Beam Profile
3rd Advantage To Our Podiatry Laser: The Most Effective Pulse Width
Give us a call today at 708-301-4443, or send us a quick note from our Contact Us page. We look forward to helping you!
Examining old shoes before buying new ones can help you evaluate your wear patterns and buy new shoes with a better fit and style that compensates for the stresses you place on shoes.
What are your shoes trying to tell you? Here is a translation of basic wear patterns:
- A bulge and wear to the side of the big toe means too-narrow fit or you have a bunion.
- Outer sole wear means you turn your foot out. Orthotics may help.
- Toe-shaped ridges on the upper means your shoes are too small or you have hammertoes.
- Wear on the ball of the foot means your heel tendons may be too tight.
- Wear on the inner sole means you pronate or turn your foot inward. Inner liners or orthotics may help.
- Wear on the upper, above the toes means the front of your shoe is too low.