Our team of specialists and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you. Or, for a more comprehensive search of our entire Web site, enter your term(s) in the search bar provided.
As always, you can contact our office to answer any questions or concerns.
Why Our Laser Is The Safest, Most Effective Laser On The Market
There are 3 particular advantages that set our laser treatments apart from those offered elsewhere in Chicago. Watch the short videos below to learn more about what makes the laser at Vittori Foot & Ankle Specialist so extraordinary.
What Is It We Are Trying To Accomplish With the Laser?
1st Advantage To Our Podiatry Laser: The Perfect Wavelength
2nd Advantage To Our Podiatry Laser: The Cleanest Beam Profile
3rd Advantage To Our Podiatry Laser: The Most Effective Pulse Width
Give us a call today at 708-301-4443, or send us a quick note from our Contact Us page. We look forward to helping you!
It's normal for people to experience some foot problems as they age. But experts say that problems with feet can be the first sign of more serious medical conditions, particularly among older adults. Health problems, such as arthritis, diabetes, nerve issues, and circulatory disorders, may first be manifested in the feet. That is why it is important to pay attention to your feet and seek medical attention as soon as you notice a problem.
Here are some foot care tips for older adults:
- Practice good foot care. Check your feet regularly or have a member of your family check them for you.
- Keep blood circulating to your feet as much as possible. Do this by putting your feet up when you are sitting or lying down, stretching if you've had to sit for a long while, walking, having a gentle foot massage, or taking a warm foot bath.
- Wear comfortable shoes that fit well to prevent pressures that can lead to friction and infection and keep your foot structure properly aligned.
- Avoid exposing your feet to cold temperatures.
- Don't sit for long periods of time (especially with your legs crossed).
- Don't smoke because it decreases blood supply and increases the chance of swelling and other circulatory problems.