Our team of specialists and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you. Or, for a more comprehensive search of our entire Web site, enter your term(s) in the search bar provided.
As always, you can contact our office to answer any questions or concerns.
Why Our Laser Is The Safest, Most Effective Laser On The Market
There are 3 particular advantages that set our laser treatments apart from those offered elsewhere in Chicago. Watch the short videos below to learn more about what makes the laser at Vittori Foot & Ankle Specialist so extraordinary.
What Is It We Are Trying To Accomplish With the Laser?
1st Advantage To Our Podiatry Laser: The Perfect Wavelength
2nd Advantage To Our Podiatry Laser: The Cleanest Beam Profile
3rd Advantage To Our Podiatry Laser: The Most Effective Pulse Width
Give us a call today at 708-301-4443, or send us a quick note from our Contact Us page. We look forward to helping you!
Burning feet refers to a foot sensation that is most frequently experienced by adults over age 50 and those who are diabetic. Thyroid dysfunction, gastric restriction in morbidly obese people, and heavy use of alcohol also have been linked with burning feet. Nerve problems, such as neuromas and tarsal tunnel syndrome, may also be associated with the sensation of burning feet.
It is not unusual for feet to ache or burn at the end of a long day. However, on an ongoing basis, burning feet can be a symptom of a more serious health problem. Please consult our office and schedule an appointment if you experience persistent burning feet.
There are some simple ways to mitigate burning feet:
- Make sure you wear shoes that fit properly and provide support for your unique foot structure.
- Take foot baths daily to treat hot and sweaty feet.
- Wear socks of cotton, versus synthetic, fibers as they are lighter and cooler.
- Avoid long periods of standing.
- Try cushioned or shock-absorbing insoles in your shoes to make standing more comfortable.
- In some cases, orthotics may be helpful to correct any underlying mechanical imbalances which may be responsible for your burning feet.