Our team of specialists and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you. Or, for a more comprehensive search of our entire Web site, enter your term(s) in the search bar provided.
As always, you can contact our office to answer any questions or concerns.
Why Our Laser Is The Safest, Most Effective Laser On The Market
There are 3 particular advantages that set our laser treatments apart from those offered elsewhere in Chicago. Watch the short videos below to learn more about what makes the laser at Vittori Foot & Ankle Specialist so extraordinary.
What Is It We Are Trying To Accomplish With the Laser?
1st Advantage To Our Podiatry Laser: The Perfect Wavelength
2nd Advantage To Our Podiatry Laser: The Cleanest Beam Profile
3rd Advantage To Our Podiatry Laser: The Most Effective Pulse Width
Give us a call today at 708-301-4443, or send us a quick note from our Contact Us page. We look forward to helping you!
Whether you are a professional athlete or play sports just for fun, the demands made on your feet and lower limbs can lead to a range of injuries, including blisters, sprained ankles, torn ligaments, shin splints, knee pain, lower back pain and other joint or muscle problems. Added to these are common complaints such as corns, calluses and Athlete's Foot. Your running style, quality of footwear, and even minor limb length differences can contribute to injury.
Here are some tips for athletic foot care:
- Wash your feet every day, and dry thoroughly.
- Wear only good quality, well-fitting cotton socks.
- Always use the correct shoe for each sport and surface.
- Get in shape. Being overweight or out of shape places added stress on the feet. Condition yourself gradually with stretching exercises for 15 to 20 minutes (warm-up and cool-down periods) before and after any activity.
- Wear correct shoes. Footwear should be given the same consideration as any other piece of sporting equipment. Sports shoes should protect as much as possible, be durable, and should be right for the sport and surface.